John Hancock is pleased to be one of the first U.S. insurance companies to offer both term and permanent life insurance coverage to persons living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
We are now considering HIV positive applicants ages 30 to 65 with favorable and stable clinical courses for Face Amounts up to a maximum of $2,000,000.
This offering includes:
- Term and Permanent Life coverage
- Face amounts to a maximum of $2,000,000
- Products that offer the John Hancock Vitality Program (i.e., the Healthy Engagement Rider)
Underwriting criteria for persons infected with HIV:
- Age at application 30-65, self–admitted diagnosis
- Followed by an HIV-qualified specialist
- Minimum 5 years of compliance with ART, no lapses or delays in treatment
- Current CD4 count of ≥350 cells/mm
- Current and prior two-year viral loads must be undetectable (<50 copies/ml or below current detectable laboratory limit)
- Current negative hepatitis B and hepatitis C testing
Fore more information view the Official Announcement and John Hancock’s Underwriting Criteria to learn how you can get coverage for your HIV positive clients:
CLICK HERE to view the Official Announcement
CLICK HERE to view the HIV Underwriting Criteria