Nationwide has expanded their acceleration guidelines within the Nationwide Intelligent Underwriting Process:
For ages 18-50 years old, Nationwide has increased their eligible face amount from $2 million to $5 million. This change is in effect starting February 1, 2022. This will be a go-forward process on new cases submitted.
Intelligent Underwriting guidelines:
- Age: 18 and older
- Face amount: $100,000 and above
Acceleration guidelines in effect February 1, 2022:
- Ages 18 to 50 applying for face amounts of $100,000 to $5 million on eligible products
- Ages 51 to 60 applying for face amounts of $100,000 to $1 million on eligible products
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident (10-year green card status) or acceptable visa status* from an “A” or “B” Country Code**
- Risk classes of Nontobacco Preferred Plus, Nontobacco Preferred, Nontobacco Standard Plus, and Tobacco Preferred
*Acceptable Visa types include: E-1, E-2, E-3, EB-5, H-1B, H-1C, H-2B, H-4, I-5, K-1, K-2, K-3, K-4, L-1, L-2, O-1, O-2, O-3, TD, TN, V-1, V-2.
**Country Codes are identified in the country classification list located on Page 41 of Nationwide’s Underwriting Requirements Guide (NFM-8789AO)