Symetra is removing most of their underwriting restrictions, effective Tuesday, July 6th:
- For all ages, they will continue to require a Good Health Statement.
- For all cases up to age 79, they are now applying routine underwriting assessment and criteria. Their underwriting team will continue to conduct a thorough review for all cases with co-morbidities.
- Cases for ages 80 and above will continue to be postponed.
- They will not actively ask any clients about vaccinations or past COVID-19 exposure.
- As they announced last fall for their high-net-worth foreign national market program, they have reverted to their pre-COVID underwriting capabilities (for A and B countries up to $20 million in capacity).
These guidelines apply to new formal and informal cases, as well as any submitted cases that are still in underwriting review.